An interracial marriage
I attended a wedding yesterday, between a Caucasian guy and Chinese gal. I thought it was all quite interesting...he he. :) (I think only Alice will understand what I mean.) Anyways, the wedding was real nice, and the bride had such a pretty dress. I really liked the style and design. The dinner reception was held at a country golf club, which was neat, as it gave a secluded atmosphere to the evening. The meal was paced out and relaxed, unlike the typical noisy, fast-paced, too-much-food Chinese wedding banquets. The wedding couple's first dance was just the sweetest thing ever! So cute...aw. Now, if only I could dance.
This morning, I went with Alice to do some "church-shopping" with Lily at this church downtown close to where Lily lives. It was a lovely church, but I'd have to agree with Alice, the worship leaders could have been a little more excited about the service. I think though, that no matter how bad a worship service turns out, the ultimate experience is between you and God. It shouldn't depend on the person at the front to make the worship enjoyable and relevant, since they are human after all. I think that as an audience, no matter what, we should focus on the words, the music, and the presence of God (not necessarily in that order); the worship leader, especially one who is good at it, is only a perk. What do you think?
This morning, I went with Alice to do some "church-shopping" with Lily at this church downtown close to where Lily lives. It was a lovely church, but I'd have to agree with Alice, the worship leaders could have been a little more excited about the service. I think though, that no matter how bad a worship service turns out, the ultimate experience is between you and God. It shouldn't depend on the person at the front to make the worship enjoyable and relevant, since they are human after all. I think that as an audience, no matter what, we should focus on the words, the music, and the presence of God (not necessarily in that order); the worship leader, especially one who is good at it, is only a perk. What do you think?
